The daylight is beginning to linger, tax return season is upon us and blooms are sprouting all over the state which means one thing: spring time is here! And inevitably spring air seems to carry with it a sense of change. We’ve been trapped in our houses for three months and during that time we’ve noticed that we really do hate that paint in the kitchen. Our countertops are like something from the Brady Bunch home and the bedding in the master, what were we thinking?! Designing Diva Interiors gets it. Unfortunately, so do a lot of other homeowners which means as of today there is a four week wait list for large projects. Call 405.816.9716 or email Jennifer@decorateokc.net today to get your Initial Consultation on the books before summer!
Today I am covering one of my favorite rooms to design, the master bedroom. This is arguably the most important room in the home and yet is often left for last and maybe never paid attention to at all. I believe that not a single thing should be in your bedroom that you don’t love and only design a bedroom with a TV if the homeowner absolutely insists. The bedroom is for romance, rest and rejuvination. A makeshift office and piles of clothing have no place here. With that being said, let’s continue this week’s series with “If I Could Add Three Things To My Master Bedroom“.
1) Inspiring artwork. And that means something different to everybody. For me its a pair of Ansel Adams prints that have been with me since my first apartment as an 18 year old who was just beginning to figure out what I liked in the world of art. For you it may be prints of your kids on canvas, hung gallery-style on the walls. Whatever your style, make sure that whatever is hanging on your walls speaks to you. If it doesn’t inspire, it isn’t worth your time. And it doesn’t have to be expensive to be worthy. One of my favorite smaller canvases was purchased at an estate sale for $5. The bright flowers make me smile even on the gloomiest winter days.
2) Speaking of headboards…. #2 would most definitely have to be an upholstered wall that doubled as a headboard. Not available in stores (that I know of) this is a custom job that you can hire out or do some research, save some cash and build yourself. Few things make a bedroom more luxurious and subtly sexy like an upholstered headboard. For walls with ceilings 10′ or shorter I recommend going all the way to the top with it for a more dramatic look. Bonus: this trick will make your room appear taller.
3) Dimmer switches belong in every room, really, but especially in the bedroom! This is a simple day project that you will not necessarily need the assistance of an electrician if you do a bit of homework before getting started. Lowe’s and Home Depot have everything you need to create the perfect ambiance in your master bedroom. Dim lighting comes in handy for more than just a romantic evening. For people like me who love to get their day started in as little light as possible, a dimmer switch allows you to gently wake up and get dressed without ending up at the office wearing the wrong color shoes. Love to read in bed? This is your solution to having the glaring light above or the poor lighting from the bedside lamp to read by.
Skip the flowers and put down the Snuggie- Designing Diva Interiors wants you to consider a more unique and practical gift for the mom in your life this Mother’s Day. With a DDI gift certificate she can:
* Start that remodel you promised her last year
* or utilize any other service DDI offers!
Gift certificates are available in $75 increments and expire six months from date purchased.
**DISCOUNT** Purchase your Mother’s Day gift certificate before April 15, 2010 and you will receive 20% off of your total!
Designing Diva Interiors, LLC offers GIFT CERTIFICATES that may be used towards any and all design services offered. Purchase yours in the month of February and save $20 when two or more hours are purchased.
Perfect for the person who needs to:
~Select paint colors
~ Begin a small remodel
~Buy new flooring
~redesign their room using what they already own
…and so much more!
Call Jennifer Hicks, C.I.D. at 405.816.9716 to get your gift certificate today!
*Gift certificates sold in $75 increments.
*Gift certificates expire six months from date issued.
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009